It’s wonderful when your PKM works for you.
You don’t have to worry about anything. He’s the one that takes care of you. No concerns.
That’s how I live and how you can too.
I have 4 different stages (systems) in my PKM:
Your key point is this: try to capture and process at the same time.
Capturing and Processing
When something’s processed, you don’t have to worry about anything else.
It’s the system that will tell you what you have to do (act) or think.
A piece of cake.
What’s the right mindset to capture and process at the same time?
The answer is easy: think a lot about your future self.
Your future self is that guy who’ll receive the information you’ve captured and processed.
Be kind and nice to him.
You need to save him time.
Think he’ll be a better version of your present self based on the information he receives.
Instead of annoying or bothering him, be comprehensive. Make things easy to digest for him.
The more you think of him, the better your (future) life will be.
How do you treat nice your future self?
You treat him nice by leaving everything set for him.
His mission will be just to give “the final push”.
That’s the easiest one because what’s complicated is the beginning.
Procrastination kills your beginning, your warm-up.
Procrastination dies when you start doing.
Milliseconds are the difference between failing or achieving.
Some examples to capture and process at the same time
1. Use apps to capture that leave the information already processed.
- Writing down a reminder in a “reminder app”.
- Writing down an event in a “calendar app”.
- Writing down a task in a “task manager”.
Instead of “anywhere”, try to find apps that leave the content ready to go.
2. When an idea pops up, dedicate 5 more minutes to really develop it so that your future self will easily keep doing the next steps.
The difference between 1 minute and 5 minutes can be life-changing in the future.
3. When storing a file, note, or any other element, think about how your future self will do the searching process.
Use context as much as possible.
Ask yourself: when does my future self want to find this info? How will he search for it?
- Just dedicating a few minutes when capturing can leave all things processed to really go deep into them in the future, effortlessly, frictionless.
- That’s what makes your life easier.
- An easy life is a life of fulfillment, the one that leads you to happiness.